Electro-magnetic fields (EMFs) are invisible areas of energy –also called radiation– that are produced by electricity, which is the movement of electrons, or current, through a wire or electrical device. The radiation in the magnetic field increases in strength as the current increases, and it is stronger the closer you are to its source.
Electro-magnetic fields are produced whether or not a device is turned on.. Power lines produce magnetic fields continuously because current is always flowing through them. Magnetic fields can pass through walls, buildings, human bodies, and even cells.
Common Sources of EMF radiation:
- Bluetooth devices
- WiFi Routers
- Smart Meters installed in the home
- Power lines
- Cell phones, computers
- Radar detectors
There is controversy regarding the safety of EMF exposure, where some people believe they are relatively harmless due to the small doses emitted by our everyday electronic devices. However, according to the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), EMFs are “possibly carcinogenic to humans.” The IARC believes that some studies show a possible link between EMFs and cancer in people.
Risks and Symptoms of EMF Exposure
A large clinical study in 2000 followed cancer rates and cellphone use in more than 5,000 people in 13 countries around the world. They found a loose connection between the highest rate of exposure and glioma, a type of cancer that occurs in the brain and spinal cord.
The gliomas were more often found on the same side of the head that people used to speak on the phone. However, the researchers concluded that there was not a strong enough connection to determine that cellphone use caused cancer in the research subjects.
In a smaller but more recent study, researchers found that people exposed to high levels of EMF for years at a time showed an increased risk of a certain type of leukemia in adults. European scientists also uncovered an apparent link between EMF and leukemia in children. But they say that monitoring of EMF is lacking, so they’re not able to draw any certain conclusions from their work, and more research and better monitoring is needed.
A review of more than two dozen studies on low-frequency EMFs suggests these energy fields may cause various neurological and psychiatric problems in people. This study found a link between EMF exposure and changes in human nerve function throughout the body, affecting things like sleep and mood.
According to some scientists, EMFs can affect your body’s nervous system function and cause damage to cells. Cancer and unusual growths may be one symptom of very high EMF exposure. Other symptoms may depend on the intensity and frequency of exposure. These include:
sleep disturbances, including insomnia
depression and depressive symptoms
tiredness and fatigue
dysesthesia (a painful, often itchy sensation)
lack of concentration
changes in memory
loss of appetite and weight loss
restlessness and anxiety
skin burning and tingling
changes in an electroencephalogram (a test measuring electrical activity in the brain)
Solutions and Protection
EMFs are pervasive in our modern technological age; you can’t completely avoid them. However there are ways to strengthen your body so you can be more resilient and less affected by the toxic influences in your environment. See below for tips on limiting your exposure in addition to strengthening your defenses.
Strengthening your body:
- Vitamin C. Higher doses of Vitamin C help protect against radiation. You should take 1,000 mg daily for immune support and antioxidant protection for your cells. If you are exposed to higher radiation due to airplane travel, getting an X-ray, or prolonged exposure to electronic devices, you can take up to 3,000 mg. Acu-Na offers Livon’s Lypospheric Vitamin C which is encapsulated in essential fatty acid liposomes to increase its absorption and make it more potent.
- The Amethyst Crystal Medical Biomat. This mat combines state of the art far-infrared light and negative ion technology with the healing power of amethyst to deliver therapeutic results. The negative ions harmonize the body’s electrical field to promote cellular healing. This unique medical device also contains an EMF Interceptor. The Biomat EMF Interceptor is within the control unit of the Biomat and cuts off electromagnetic waves. It acts the same was as a lightning rod by safely conducting the EMF energy away to the ground. This safely reduces your EMF exposure. While you are laying on the Biomat, your muscles, tissues, and brain are protected from all EMF influences, giving your cells a chance to repair and regenerate. Many people purchase the Biomat to use in their homes while they sleep or relax. We also offer FREE biomat sessions and in-home trials. Learn More Here
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is a frequency medicine. It can be used as an adjustment to the body’s electrical system, strengthening the integrity of your energetic networks to protect against outside influences such as EMF (also pathogens, allergens, and physical stressors). We treat any physical symptom in addition to correcting the internal imbalances that weaken your defenses.
Limiting EMF exposure:
- Limit exposure to x-rays by only consenting to X-rays that are medically necessary. Often, dentists and chiropractors recommend frequent X-rays that are not critical to your treatment. Ask your medical professional, “Do I have the right to decline routine diagnostic X-Rays?” If they refuse treatment, you may choose to seek care elsewhere.
- Keep your WiFi router as far away as possible from your bedroom or the room you spend the most time in.
- Don’t sleep with your cellphone beside your head—keep it in another room if possible. Purchase a separate alarm clock if you need an alarm.
- If you use a Bluetooth device, turn it off when not in use. Never keep a headset in your ear or on your body unless you are using it.
Environmental stressors will always be present in our lives. The best way to manage them is by being sure that you are nourished, balanced, and minimally stressed so you can be resilient in the face of the pressures and toxic influences you encounter. We recommend a therapeutic routine that is customized for you by your Acu-Na practitioners. Most people benefit from our services such as acupuncture, massage therapy, reiki, cranio-sacral, holistic health consultations, and natural supplements. We can help you find the best approach for YOUR life.